August 24, 2007

A Weekend with the Girls


August 16-19, 2007-- Fun times hanging out with my high school girlfriends this weekend. We've been talking about taking a trip like this and a few of us finally did. We stayed at Jill's parents' vacation home in St. George. It was beautiful...and good thing because we were there most of the trip just talking. We stayed up every night until 4 a.m. and then slept in until 11 or 12. We'd get up and the chatting would begin again. We even forgot to eat a lot of the time. I wondered when our conversation topics would be exhausted, but we made it home without a lull or moment of silence. We also saw "Cinderella" at the gorgeous Tuacahn Redrock Ampitheater where we caught a case of the giggles! Good times! We did some shopping, naturally, and had the best pedicures of our lives! If you were there you'd be laughing right now, it was just a good thing that our toes were painted all the same color. But, none of that mattered because we all just enjoyed being together. I love knowing I have friends that I could not see for 5 years or more and after only minutes it'd feel like we were right back to being best buds. I'm so lucky to have had such great girlfriends growing up. I am truly blessed to still have these great women in my life that I adore and admire. Can't wait until next year... here we come Newport Beach!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel! I found your blog off of Niki's (off of the T-ville site). Yes, I've been blog hopping. :-) It's fun to see this picture of all of you and to hear that you are still close friends. You guys look great! I'm happy to hear that things are going well for you. Give everyone my regards, and keep in touch! Jessica (Sanchez) Ashton