February 13, 2008

Love, Marriage, & Valentines

A few of my favorite quotes in honor of the day of LOVE (Brad, these remind me of us!) and our handmade Valentines:

"True love stories never have endings." -- Richard Bach

"To love another person is to see the face of God."-- Les Miserables

"Marriage hath in it less of beauty but more of safety, than the single life; it hath more care, but less danger, it is more merry, and more sad; it is fuller of sorrows, and fuller of joys; it lies under more burdens, but it is supported by all the strengths of love and charity, and those burdens are delightful."-- Bishop Jeremy Taylor

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction."--Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who we’re pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person we’re safe in our own paradise. Our soulmate is someone who shares our deepest longings, our sense of direction. When we’re two balloons, and together our direction is up, chances are we’ve found the right person. Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.”

2 comments:

Corinne said...

I can't believe you don't think you are creative...you are amazing! I can't even figure out how to do my blog on my own! I would LOVE to take a photography class with you...I just fool around and I need to learn more about lighting and stuff. Let me know when you are thinking about doing it! Yes, my sister is married to Adam Beckstrom. He said he knew who you were! I'll talk to you soon!

Emily-Hazel said...

Melanie, I found you're blog! I hope you don't mind my visiting. I'm kind of needy to connect with friends... he he... motherhood...

Do you remember me from Jr. High, Emily (trulson) Parker. You're welcome to visit my blog too! I'm so happy to see you!