February 5, 2008

Catching Up

Okay, well, in response to my friends' many requests and to share a bit about us, I am updating my blog. Wow, Labor Day was pretty long ago. I guess my blogging will be like my journal entries which come in spurts. I have been super busy for reasons you are all probably very familiar with, but no more excuses. I'll be keeping up on my blog as a way to help me get out my thoughts, follow my progress throughout the year, and record the many things I love about my life. Here are the highlights since I last wrote:

1. I was called as Young Women President when our ward split. Needless to say, I have been super busy trying to figure it all out. I am happy to say I think I'm getting it figured out a bit, but don't hold me to that statement. I'm super busy with this calling, but I am also greatly blessed.

2. Brad and I took an amazing trip down Scenic Byway 12 in Southern Utah to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. The fall colors were gorgeous and we got to try out my new camera! It was very cold at night, but we cuddled up in the back of our Pilot and read together. We visited Bryce Canyon, Escalante National Monument, Calf Creek Falls, and Capitol Reef along with many other scenic places on the way home. It was so nice to be away alone and remember that we have so much fun together and still have tons to talk about. It is so much fun to just be spontaneous on a trip and play it by ear. We saw a lot of things that we normally wouldn't have seen. It was great!


3. We got a puppy! Clover, a female American Bulldog, is now 5 months old. She's such a cute dog as you can see, but she is also so good, fun, and calm. She and Tess are great buds and like to pal around together all day! I call them "the kids." My life for the past 4 months could be compared to one of a mother of toddler twins, one which refuses to wear diapers and likes to ruin their mom's favorite pair of dress shoes. It is harder to have a puppy than a newborn, seriously!! All things considered, I still love having her around. I never thought I could love a dog this much.


4. Tess turned one! That year flew by! We had a puppy party and I tried my hand at cake decorating with my mom's help. Tess is just the cutest! She loved smashing her cake, but got a little overwhelmed with all her many presents! Her new puppy was definitely her favorite birthday gift!


5. For Halloween, Tess was the cutest Annie Oakley you've ever seen!


6. We had an awesome Christmas this year! Brad's work took us to the Grand America for an overnight stay. They also treated us to all the meals, rented out a theater for a movie, gave us money to shop for several sub-for-santa families and widows, took the guys bobsledding and the ladies to a morning at the spa, took us on a $1200 shopping spree to Dick's Sporting Goods, and topped it all off with a 42" flat screen t.v. Ya, I was like, "WOW!" too. We were spoiled. We also had a wonderful Christmas with our families and loved watching Tess on Christmas morning.


7. We've witnessed a miracle in my family. My mom suffers from horrible back pain. She finally got a neurostimulator implant which is awesome! It's the first time in years that I've heard her say she has no pain! What a blessing! I want to get on the list for one!


8. 2008 is off the a great start! We've got some good goals to work towards. We've been busy, but having fun. I sped through the Twilight series. Luckily, Brad loves his new Playstation 3 which keeps him busy while I read.

3 comments:

Corinne said...

Your hair is adorable! Tess is soooo cute and I love your puppy. I need you to take pictures of my boys...when are you free?

Jill and Preston said...

I am so glad you are back in blogger action! I can't believe you got a puppy. And it sounds like you and Brad had a great time on your trip.

Shelly said...

Wow! YW Pres??? That's a job! I know you'll do great! You've been super busy, but looks like things are great!