February 11, 2008

Reality

This one is for Jill. Her post about the perfect bloggerworld reflected my thoughts exactly. I've been getting depressed while looking at blogs because, like any woman, I compare myself. We all put our good foot forward, of course, but let's also put out there what is real. Brad just told me to quite looking at blogs, but I think they have some positive things about them. They inspire me to be better, more thoughtful, more fun, more creative and they give me lots of good ideas. But sometimes, they just make me feel like I'm the only one out there that got shafted when it came to talents...I'm not a professional scrapbooker, photographer, awesome cook, or world's greatest mom and I don't have a perfect family or life. So, along with all the positive stuff, I just want to feel normal in comparison. Thanks for making me feel that way, Jill. I yell at my kid and husband, too. Let's use our blogs to inspire one another!
P.S. Although I don't have the perfect husband, he is pretty great. After watching the WW Leadership Training, which was on building strong homes and families and was awesome, I came home to him baking us homemade cinnamon rolls. He really "wow"ed me with that one! They were delicious, Sweetie!

3 comments:

Malma said...

I am in TOTAL agreeance. Thank you for pointing out that the real people in this world aren't perfect. Thanks for keeping me grounded...you're a great friend!

Shelly said...

So glad to see you updated your blog! Love the hair and Tess is so BIG! You're a great mom!

Alyson said...

I love this post! And I loved Jill's post too. It's hard to imagine, but I think everyone who blogs thinks the same thing, but no one wants to say it out loud. But I find that when I do venture to put those feelings into a post I usually end up feeling guilty about it. Isn't that dumb? Why do we do that as women? But I do think it can be used for good cause they help motivate me to try to do better. And I think it helps me realize some of those same good things in my life.

Anyway, you are always an inspiration to me and you probably don't know how much I look up to you! :) Love ya!